On mainland Ecuador, there are up-close and in-depth cultural tours in the two UNESCO World Heritage Cities of Quito and Cuenca, as well as traditional Andean markets, upscale historic haciendas, Highland horseback riding in the Andes, snowcapped volcanoes and lovely indigenous villages connected by backcountry roads.
Ecuador is a hotbed for birdwatching and wildlife exploration in its Amazon region and elsewhere. Cultural highlights include shopping for beautiful hand-woven wool and alpaca textiles, handmade leather goods and other locally-produced crafts. Plus, meet renowned artists, weavers and other local artisans who produce Tigua paintings, traditional musical instruments and much more.
You won’t want to miss VIP Journeys exclusive experiences, such as Ecuadorian cooking classes in the private homes of native chefs, gourmet picnics set among scenic vistas, meals at historic haciendas hosted by the owners and private after-hours visits to beautiful historic churches.
Set off these exclusive experiences with visits to local markets, trips to cacao plantations to see how the country’s highly-regarded cocoa is processed and turned into chocolate (complete with tastings, of course), hiking in private nature preserves or mountain biking along the flanks of the famed Avenue of the Volcanoes.
Forgetting to explore all mainland Ecuador has to offer is a regrettable mistake. Why not add a few days onto your Galapagos journey to discover all the magic, mystery and unique flavors of this hidden gem.
Call our trip designers at 800.772.9188 to explore our suggested Ecuador tours today, and begin personalizing your extraordinary journey to Ecuador with our private guides in private cars.
What makes the Luxury Tours to Ecuador so extraordinary?
- You will be able to experience the unique culture of the two cities of Quito and Cuenca.
- Ecuador has fascinating wildlife that can be explored in its Amazon region.
- One of Ecuador culture highlights is art, so during a Luxury Tour to Ecuador, you will be able to experience the art of music, and local and renowned artisans.
- A Luxury tour to Ecuador will allow you to encounter exclusive opportunities to learn about Ecuadorian cooking and cuisine.
- You could witness Ecuador’s famous cocoa being converted to chocolate.
- Ecuador has many adventures in store for you. For example, taking a horseback riding adventure in the Andes, hiking in nature preserves, or even mountain biking near the Avenue of the Volcanoes.
Good Things to Know If You Are Touring Ecuador
Visa is not required for U.S. citizens staying 90 days or less per calendar year
Ecuador Sucre (ECS) and USD
Ecuadorian authorities might require you to show a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate when entering or leaving the Amazon Basin or when continuing travel to other areas of South America
Regions to Visit When Going on a VIP tour of Ecuador
- El Coca
- Galapagos Islands