If you’ve been dreaming about a Chile vacation, we begin our adventure exploring the history and culture of the cosmopolitan city of Santiago before heading out to the vineyards and wineries of Chile’s famed wine regions.
If you’ve been dreaming of a Chile vacation, we begin our adventure exploring the history and culture of the cosmopolitan city of Santiago.
Explore Chile’s fine wines at two of the vineyards near Santiago in The Colchagua Valley. Continue your tour to Puerto Montt, gateway to the scenic Lake District. Visit the main points of interest in Puerto Montt including Angelmo’s fish market, colorful handicraft market, then a short trip to Puerto Varas, on the shores of Lake Llanquihue with snow-capped Osorno Volcano as a backdrop. Our final Excursion takes us to the Southern Patagonia’s gateway city Punta Arenas where you will be met by the staff of Explora for scenic transfer to Paine Towers National Park for four night stay at the Hotel Explora. Here all meals and drinks are included, well where else would we eat? We are in the center of a National Park in Torres de Paine.
Each night the resident guides will discuss the options for activities the next day – they range from half day, easy excursions to full day, difficult excursions and include walks, hikes, treks, horseback riding and motorlaunch excursions. The excursions are designed to give you ample time to explore the beauties of the park. Explora also has its own stables and offers a variety of horseback excursions in the park. This is an excellent tour for couples or small groups of friends enjoying culture, wines and Patagonia in style.
IncludeEntry Fees5 Star AccommodationPersonal GuideAirport TransfersBreakfast
Not IncludedDeparture Taxes
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Santiago
Day 3: Santiago
Day 4: Puerto Montt & Puerto Varas
Day 5: Puerto Varas
Day 6: Puerto Varas
Day 7: Punta Arenas & Torres del Paine National Park
Days 8-10: Torres del Paine National Park
- Hike to the Peninsula Lago Grey (easy; half day)
- Hike to Glaciar de Grey (difficult; full day; picnic)
- Hike to Laguna Azul (medium, half day, snack)
- Hike to Las Alturas del Toro (Medium; full day; picnic)
- Excursion to the north of the park with stop at Laguna Azul and barbecue luncheon at the Quincho (easy; full day; lunch)
- Hike to Mirador de Nordenskjold (easy; half day; snack)
- Hike to Mirador del Toro (easy; half day; snack)
- Hike through Las Cornisas (Medium, half day, snack) Hike to the base of Torres del Paine (difficult, full day, picnic)
- Hike to Glaciar del Valle del Frances (medium, full day, picnic)
- Archaeological hike between Guarderia Sarmiento and Guarderia Laguna Amarga (easy; half day)
- Hike to Lago Sarmiento (easy, half day, snack)
- Laguna La Cal & Sarmiento Walk (Medium, full day, picnic)
- Rio Pingo Walk (easy, half day with snack or full day with picnic)
- Mirador Condor Walk (medium, half day, snack)
- Horseback riding Mirador Donoso (medium, full day, picnic)
- Horseback riding Rio Serrano (easy, half day, snack)
- Horseback riding Laguna Linda (easy, half day, snack)
- Horseback riding to Refugio Pehoe (medium, full day, lunch)
- Horseback riding at the Quincho (easy, half day, before or after Quincho lunch) Horseback riding at 2 de enero estancia (Easy, half day; trail snacks)